Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chunky and in Need of Gear

Yep, your girl's been in the house eating and expanding. Now that it's necessary for me to leave the house AND look presentable, I can no longer rely on the three pairs of jeans that still fit. Nope, I had to hit up the Vogue Fabrics for materials to fashion some funky duds for the chunky. In all, I've done some pretty quick and easy stuff, a circle skirt here, a convertible dress there. My dresses are still in progress, as they require a bit more concentration and effort.



An as yet un-hemmed circle skirt made from what Schmoses called,
"your ugliest fabric yet." Clearly, I disagree.



Another circle skirt from cotton damask. The high waistband allows me
to mask my gut.



The first circle skirt I made this summer.
A bit too short, but I'm sure my need for Spanx will
provide some additional insurance.



This is actually a relic from one or two summers ago.
Originally, it had an elastic waist and no net overlay.
The waist band is much better. If you recall, I was trying to
emulate a Martin Margiela skirt
:



I think it worked out well. I may even do another is silk.




All styled and pretty.

No comments: